ANN: First public release of cfgrib a GRIB driver for xarray based on ecCodes
a.amici at bopen.eu
Thu Jul 26 10:38:23 EDT 2018
On behalf of ECMWF I'm pleased to announce the first public release
of `cfgrib`, a Python interface to map GRIB files to the NetCDF Common
Data Model following the CF Conventions using ECMWF ecCodes for
decoding. Included in the package is a GRIB driver for xarray.
Please note that the development stage of this project is **Alpha**.
- provisional GRIB driver for xarray,
- support all modern versions of Python 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 and 2.7, plus
PyPy and PyPy3,
- read the data lazily and efficiently in terms of both memory usage
and disk access,
- map a GRIB 1 or 2 file to a set of N-dimensional variables following
the NetCDF Common Data Model,
- add CF Conventions attributes to known coordinate and data variables,
- no write support (yet).
The main repository is hosted on GitHub, testing, bug report and
contributions are highly welcomed and appreciated. Every little help
counts, so do not hesitate!
User support questions are best asked on StackOverflow:
The project is free and open source software distributed under the
terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0, the development is led by
B-Open <http://bopen.eu> on behalf of ECMWF <https://ecmwf.int>.
More information about the Python-announce-list