jendrikseipp at web.de
Tue Jun 5 08:01:59 EDT 2018
Vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused code in Python programs. This is useful for
cleaning up and finding errors in large code bases. If you run Vulture
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like Vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, Vulture can be a
very helpful tool for higher code quality.
* fast: static code analysis
* tested: tests itself and has complete test coverage
* complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
* sorts unused classes and functions by size with ``--sort-by-size``
* supports Python 2.7 and Python >= 3.4
* Report ``while (True): ... else: ...`` as unreachable (thanks @RJ722).
* Whitelist Mock.return_value and Mock.side_effect in unittest.mock.
* Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
* Improve documentation and test coverage (thanks @RJ722).
More information about the Python-announce-list