EuroPython 2018: Beginners’ Day Workshop

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Fri Jun 29 08:23:38 EDT 2018

Maybe you’ve come to EuroPython as a programmer from another language.

Or perhaps you have other tech skills or you really want to understand
what it’s like to program in Python.

	    Then come to our Beginners’ Day at EuroPython.
	https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/events/beginners-day/

What is Beginners’ Day ?
------------------------

Beginners’ Day is a session we are running, just for newcomers to the
Python programming language, on Tuesday, July 24th from 09:30 - 16:45,
at the Edinburgh International Conference Center (EICC), the
EuroPython 2018 venue, and just in time to get you ready for all the
talks which follow on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

You will need a conference pass to attend, but otherwise, it’s free,
so if you’re thinking of coming to the conference, but you’re new to
Python or programming, this could be the session for you.

The workshop will be run by:
- Vincent D. Warmerdam (PyData Amsterdam)
- Christian Barra (EuroPython board member)

Sign up for Beginners’ Day
--------------------------

Whether you’re totally new to programming or you already know another
language - this full day session will give you a crash-course in
Python, and the ecosystem around it. You’ll get the context you need
to get the most out of the rest of the EuroPython conference.

Bring your laptop, because this will be a hands-on session!

This session will be presented in English (although a few of the
coaches do speak basic Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese).

Please see the Beginners’ Day page for the full program:

	https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/events/beginners-day/

If you’d like to come, please do register in advance for this session,
so that we know how to plan to make it the best yet. We need to know
the numbers for planing the workshop.

		      Sign up for Beginners’ Day

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7hTdKbYm_Jn8SSYNyC4iQXe-W68ndj93NxQacOSJKhyUeIQ/viewform

Call for Mentors
----------------

Already know Python ? Want to be a mentor ? Fantastic !

Especially if you can add an extra language to help non-English
speakers feel comfortable asking questions, or if you’ve never
mentored before and want to try to share your knowledge for the first
time.

Please sign up as a mentor on our mentor registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkqmu8o2R0FN7BqlaLrv5trOKHqhEQyHtt5_RR2kYhqI-pJw/viewform

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/175370423057/europython-2018-beginners-day-workshop

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1012671128790290432