ANN: poliastro 0.9.1 released 🚀

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:00:27 EDT 2018

Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of *poliastro
0.9.1*! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and analyze
interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive and easy way,
used in academia and the industry by people from all around the world. You
can install it using pip or conda:

pip install poliastro
conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge

This release fixed an error that appeared when using poliastro in
combination of multiprocessing.Pool, and therefore should allow users to
make the most of their multi core CPUs, for instance to analyze satellite
constellations (thanks to Joan Fort Alsina for reporting this issue!) You
can read the full release notes here:

http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.9.1/changelog.html#poliastro-0-9-1-2018-05-11

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre:

https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s

Please come and join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any
questions you might have:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org
<https://riot.im/app/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org>

Per Python ad astra!