EuroPython 2018: Talk voting is open

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Fri May 25 09:20:44 EDT 2018

At EuroPython, we let our attendees have a significant say in the
selection of the sessions which are presented at the conference. We
call this “talk voting” - attendees can tell us which submitted talks
they’d like to see at the conference.

To be eligible to vote for talks, you need to be a submitter of talks
and everyone who attended one of the previous year’s EuroPython
conferences.

	     Since we’re a bit short on time, talk voting
		will only be possible for a few days,
			until Sunday, May 27.

How talk voting works
---------------------

Please log in and proceed to the page
https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/speakers/talk-voting/ to vote for
talks.

The talk voting page lists all submitted proposals, including talks,
trainings and posters.

At the top of the page you find a few filters you can use to narrow
down the list by e.g. selecting tags you’re interested in or only show
one type of proposal and also to select the sorting order.

For each submission, you can find the talk title with a link to the
talk page.

In order to vote, have a look at the title/abstract and then indicate
your personal interest in attending this session. We have simplified
the voting process and you may chose between these four options: “must
see”, “want to see”, “maybe” and “not interested”. Please ignore the
option “not voted” - it’s an alias for “not interested”.

If you have questions about the talk, you can go to the talk page and
enter a comment.

Note that your votes are automatically saved to the backend without
the need to click on a save or submit button.

Talk selection
--------------

After the talk voting phase, the EuroPython Program Workgroup (WG)
will use the votes to select the talks and build a schedule.

The majority of the talks will be chosen based on the talk voting
results. Part of the available slots will be directly assigned by the
Program WG based on editorial criteria to e.g. increase diversity or
give a chance to less mainstream topics.

In general, the Program WG will try to give as many speakers a chance
to talk as possible. If speakers have submitted multiple talks, the
one with the highest rate will most likely get selected.

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/174240171877/europython-2018-talk-voting-is-open

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1000002457362190336