ANN: EuroScipy 2018

Valerio Maggio valerio.maggio at gmail.com
Tue May 29 06:02:19 EDT 2018

*** Apologies if you receive multiple copies ***

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to invite you to join us for the
**11th European Conference on Python in Science**.

The EuroSciPy 2018 (https://www.euroscipy.org/2018/) Conference
will be organised by Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK)
and will take place from August 28 to September 1 in **Trento, Italy**.

The EuroSciPy meeting is a cross-disciplinary gathering focused on the use
and
development of the Python language in scientific research.
This event strives to bring together both users and developers of
scientific tools, as well as academic research and state of the art
industry.

The conference will be structured as it follows:
Aug, 28-29 : Tutorials and Hands-on
Aug, 30-31 : Main Conference
Sep, 1     : Sprint

TOPICS OF INTEREST:
===================

Presentations of scientific tools and libraries using the Python language,
including but not limited to:
- Algorithms implemented or exposed in Python
- Astronomy
- Data Visualisation
- Deep Learning & AI
- Earth, Ocean and Geo Science
- General-purpose Python tools that can be of special interest to the
scientific community.
- Image Processing
- Materials Science
- Parallel computing
- Political and Social Sciences
- Project Jupyter
- Reports on the use of Python in scientific achievements or ongoing
projects.
- Robotics & IoT
- Scientific data flow and persistence
- Scientific visualization
- Simulation
- Statistics
- Vector and array manipulation
- Web applications and portals for science and engineering
- 3D Printing

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
===================

EuroScipy will accept three different kinds of contributions:

* Regular Talks: standard talks for oral presentations, allocated in time
slots of 15, or 30 minutes, depending on your preference and scheduling
constraints. Each time slot considers a Q&A session at the end of the talk
(at least, 5 mins).

* Hands-on Tutorials: These are beginner or advanced training sessions to
dive
into the subject with all details. These sessions are 90 minutes long,
and the audience will be strongly encouraged to bring a laptop to
experiment.

* Poster: EuroScipy will host two poster sessions during the two days of
Main Conference. So attendees and students are highly encourage to present
their work and/or preliminary results as posters.

Proposals should be submitted using the EuroScipy submission system at
https://pretalx.com/euroscipy18.

**Submission deadline is May, 31st 2018**.

REGISTRATION & FEES:
====================

To register to EuroScipy 2018, please go to
http://euroscipy2018.eventbrite.co.uk or to http://www.euroscipy.org/2018/

Fees:
-----

| Tutorials                   | Student*  | Academic/Individual | Industry|
|-----------------------------|----------|---------------------|----------|
| Early Bird (till July, 1st) | € 50,00  | € 70,00             | € 125,00 |
| Regular (till Aug, 5th      | € 100,00 | € 110,00            | € 250,00 |
| Late (till Aug, 22nd)       | € 135,00 | € 135,00            | € 300,00 |

| Main Conference             | Student*  | Academic/Individual | Industry|
|-----------------------------|----------|---------------------|----------|
| Early Bird (till July, 1st) | € 50,00  | € 70,00             | € 125,00 |
| Regular (till Aug, 5th      | € 100,00 | € 110,00            | € 250,00 |
| Late (till Aug, 22nd)       | € 135,00 | € 135,00            | € 300,00 |

* A proof of student status will be required at time of the registration.

kind regards,
Valerio

EuroScipy 2018 Organising Committee,
Email: info at euroscipy.org