Cython 0.29

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Oct 16 14:45:39 EDT 2018

Hi,

after half a year of development, many community pull requests and a lot of
feedback and good ideas in online discussions and at conferences, I'm proud
to announce the release of Cython 0.29.

What is Cython?
In case you didn't hear about Cython before, it's the most widely used
statically optimising Python compiler out there. It translates Python (2/3)
code to C, and makes it as easy as Python itself to tune the code all the
way down into fast native code. This time, we added several new features
that help with speeding up and parallelising regular Python code to escape
from the limitations of the GIL. See the changelog for details.

Download:
https://pypi.org/project/Cython/0.29/
https://github.com/cython/cython/releases/tag/0.29

Changelog: