Nikola v8.0.1 is out!

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 14:00:16 EDT 2018

On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Nikola v8.0.1. Some bugs were fixed; more importantly,
we pinned down the Markdown package version due to incompatibilities.

What is Nikola?
===============

Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup
formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn
Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries,
and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely
fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).

Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/

Downloads
=========

Install using `pip install Nikola`. (Python 3-only since v8.0.0.)

Changes
=======

* Not compatible with Markdown 3.x yet, this release pins the
  requirement down to 2.x (until we get 3.x support done)

Features
--------

* Make URL displayed by ``nikola auto`` and ``nikola serve`` clickable
  (Issue #3166)

Bugfixes
--------

* Pandoc compiler was passing deleted argument (Issue #3171)
* Make ``nikola version --check`` work again (Issue #3170)
* Set logging level for reST to warning in order to limit noise
* Fix docinfo removal for sites that use reST docinfo metadata
  (Issue #3167)