EuroSciPy 2019 - CfP is open

Alexander CS Hendorf [EuroSciPy 2019] python at hendorf.com
Tue Apr 2 04:36:31 EDT 2019

*** Apologise for multiple posting ***

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to invite you to join us for the 12th European Conference on Python in Science.
The EuroSciPy 2019 Conference will take place from September 2 to September 6 in Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain.

The EuroSciPy meeting is a cross-disciplinary gathering focused on the use and development of the Python language in scientific research. This event strives to bring together both users and developers of scientific tools, as well as academic research and state of the art industry.

The conference will be structured as it follows:
Sep, 2-3 : Tutorials and Hands-on
Sep, 4-5 : Main Conference
Sep, 6         : Sprints

TOPICS OF INTEREST:

Presentations of scientific tools and libraries using the Python language,
including but not limited to:
Algorithms implemented or exposed in Python
Astronomy
Data Visualisation
Deep Learning & AI
Earth, Ocean and Geo Science
General-purpose Python tools that can be of special interest to the scientific community.
Image Processing
Materials Science
Parallel computing
Political and Social Sciences
Project Jupyter
Reports on the use of Python in scientific achievements or ongoing projects.
Robotics & IoT
Scientific data flow and persistence
Scientific visualization
Simulation
Statistics
Vector and array manipulation
Web applications and portals for science and engineering
3D Printing

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:

EuroScipy will accept three different kinds of contributions:

Regular Talks: standard talks for oral presentations, allocated in time slots of `15`, or `30` minutes, depending on your preference and scheduling constraints. Each time slot considers a Q&A session at the end of the talk (at least, 5 mins).
Hands-on Tutorials: These are beginner or advanced training sessions to dive into the subject with all details. These sessions are 90 minutes long, we expect participants to bring their own laptop for the tutorials.
For a sneak peak of last years tutorials, here are the videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCruMegFU9dg2doEGOUaAWTg
Poster: EuroScipy will host two poster sessions during the two days of Main Conference. We warmly encourage students and participants to present their work and/or preliminary results as posters.

Proposals should be submitted using the EuroScipy submission system at https://pretalx.com/euroscipy-2019/cfp. Submission deadline is April, 28 2019.

REGISTRATION & FEES:

The registration fees will be as moderate as in previous years, we'll keep you posted.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Mar 26	Call for talks, posters & tutorials
Apr 28	Submission deadline for talks and tutorials
May 20	Notifications of submission acceptance
Sept 2	Start of EuroSciPy Tutorial
Sept 4	Start of EuroSciPy Main Conference
Sept 6	EuroSciPy Sprints

Best regards,
EuroScipy 2019 Organising Committee,
Email: info at euroscipy.org