NumPy 1.16. 3 release
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 22:39:15 EDT 2019
On behalf of the NumPy team I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy
1.16.3 which contains several fixes for newly reported bugs. The Python
versions supported in this release are 2.7 and 3.5-3.7. There are several
- Unpickling object arrays when loading *.npy or *.npz files now
requires an explicit opt-in. This backwards incompatible change was made
in response to CVE-2019-6446
- The covariance in 'random.mvnormal' is cast to double. This should
make the tolerance more useful when checking the singular values of the
- The '__array_interface__' offset now works as documented. The offset
value was being mistakenly ignored.
Downstream developers building this release should use Cython >= 0.29.2
and, if using OpenBLAS, OpenBLAS > v0.3.4. Wheels for this release can be
downloaded from PyPI <https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.16.3/>, source
archives and release notes are available from Github
If you are installing using pip, you may encounter a problem with older
installed versions of NumPy that pip did not delete becoming mixed with the
current version, resulting in an ``ImportError``. That problem is
common on Debian derived distributions due to a modified pip. The fix is
to make sure all previous NumPy versions installed by pip have been
removed. See #12736 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12736> for
discussion of the issue.
A total of 16 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by
names contributed a patch for the first time.
- Andreas Schwab
- Bharat Raghunathan +
- Bran +
- Charles Harris
- Eric Wieser
- Jakub Wilk
- Kevin Sheppard
- Marten van Kerkwijk
- Matti Picus
- Paul Ivanov
- Ralf Gommers
- Sebastian Berg
- Tyler Reddy
- Warren Weckesser
- Yu Feng
- adeak +
*Pull requests merged*
A total of 26 pull requests were merged for this release.
- gh-13072 : BUG: Fixes to numpy.distutils.Configuration.get_version
- gh-13082 : BUG: Fix errors in string formatting while producing an
- gh-13083 : BUG: Convert fortran flags in environment variable
- gh-13084 : BUG: Remove error-prone borrowed reference handling
- gh-13085 : BUG: Add error checks when converting integers to datetime
- gh-13091 : BUG: Remove our patched version of `distutils.split_quoted`
- gh-13141 : BUG: Fix testsuite failures on ppc and riscv
- gh-13142 : BUG: Fix parameter validity checks in ``random.choice``
- gh-13143 : BUG: Ensure linspace works on object input.
- gh-13144 : BLD: fix include list for sdist building.
- gh-13145 : BUG: __array_interface__ offset was always ignored
- gh-13274 : MAINT: f2py: Add a cast to avoid a compiler warning.
- gh-13275 : BUG, MAINT: fix reference count error on invalid input to
- gh-13276 : ENH: Cast covariance to double in random mvnormal
- gh-13278 : BUG: Fix null pointer dereference in
- gh-13339 : BUG: Use C call to sysctlbyname for AVX detection on MacOS.
- gh-13340 : BUG: Fix crash when calling savetxt on a padded array
- gh-13341 : BUG: ufunc.at iteration variable size fix
- gh-13342 : DOC: Add as_ctypes_type to the documentation
- gh-13350 : BUG: Return the coefficients array directly
- gh-13351 : BUG/MAINT: Tidy typeinfo.h and .c
- gh-13359 : BUG: Make allow_pickle=False the default for loading
- gh-13360 : DOC: fix some doctest failures
- gh-13363 : BUG/MAINT: Tidy typeinfo.h and .c
- gh-13381 : BLD: address mingw-w64 issue. Follow-up to gh-9977
- gh-13382 : REL: Prepare for the NumPy release.
More information about the Python-announce-list