NumPy 1.16.2 released.
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:00:17 EST 2019
On behalf of the NumPy team I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy
1.16.2. This is a quick release fixing several problems encountered on
Windows. The Python versions supported are 2.7 and 3.5-3.7. The Windows
problems addressed are:
- DLL load problems for NumPy wheels on Windows,
- distutils command line parsing on Windows.
There is also a regression fix correcting signed zeros produced by divmod,
see the release notes for details. Downstream developers building this
release should use Cython >= 0.29.2 and, if using OpenBLAS, OpenBLAS >
If you are installing using pip, you may encounter a problem with older
installed versions of NumPy that pip did not delete becoming mixed with the
current version, resulting in an ``ImportError``. That problem is
common on Debian derived distributions due to a modified pip. The fix is
to make sure all previous NumPy versions installed by pip have been
removed. See #12736 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12736> for
discussion of the issue.
Wheels for this release can be downloaded from PyPI
<https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.16.2/>, source archives and release notes
are available from Github
A total of 5 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
* Charles Harris
* Eric Wieser
* Matti Picus
* Tyler Reddy
* Tony LaTorre +
*Pull requests merged*
A total of 7 pull requests were merged for this release.
* #12909: TST: fix vmImage dispatch in Azure
* #12923: MAINT: remove complicated test of multiarray import failure mode
* #13020: BUG: fix signed zero behavior in npy_divmod
* #13026: MAINT: Add functions to parse shell-strings in the
* #13028: BUG: Fix regression in parsing of F90 and F77 environment
* #13038: BUG: parse shell escaping in extra_compile_args and
* #13041: BLD: Windows absolute path DLL loading
More information about the Python-announce-list