EPS: Announcing the Guido van Rossum Core Developer Grant

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Thu Jan 31 04:25:52 EST 2019

At the last General Assembly of the EuroPython Society (EPS) at
EuroPython 2018 in Edinburgh, we voted on a new grant program we want
to put in place for future EuroPython conferences.

We all love Python and this is one of the main reasons we are putting
on EuroPython year after year, serving the "cast of thousands" which
support Python. But we also believe it is important to give something
back to the main team of developers who have contributed lots of their
time and energy to make Python happen: the Python Core Developers.

This group is small, works countless hours, often in their free time
and often close to burnout due to not enough new core developers
joining the team.

Free Tickets for Python Core Developers
---------------------------------------

To help with growing the team, putting it more into the spotlight and
give them a place to meet, demonstrate their work and a stage to
invite new developers, we decided to give Python Core Developers free
entry to future EuroPython conferences, starting with EuroPython 2019
in Basel, Switzerland

In recognition of Guido’s almost 20 years of leading this team, and
with his permission, we have named the grant “Guido van Rossum Core
Developer Grant”.

Details of the grant program are available on our core grant page:

https://www.europython-society.org/core-grant

PS: If you are a core developer and want to organize a workshop,
language summit or similar event at EuroPython 2019, please get in
touch with our program workgroup (program at europython.eu) soon, so that
we can arrange rooms, slots, etc.

PPS: If you want to become a core developer, please have a look at the
Python Dev Guide:

    https://devguide.python.org/coredev/

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://www.europython-society.org/post/182445627020/announcing-the-guido-van-rossum-core-developer

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europythons/status/1090901995635073024