ANN: Datatest 0.9.6 Released
03sjbrown at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 00:40:37 EDT 2019
Datatest version 0.9.6 is now available.
Datatest helps speed up and formalize data-wrangling and data validation
tasks. It repurposes software testing practices for data preparation and
quality assurance projects.
* Docs - https://datatest.readthedocs.io/
* PyPI - https://pypi.org/project/datatest/
* Devel - https://github.com/shawnbrown/datatest
Upgrade an existing installation:
pip install --upgrade datatest
What's New in Datatest 0.9.6:
* Cleaned up the acceptance API to make it both less verbose
and more expressive:
* Consolidated specific-instance and class-based acceptances
into a single interface.
* Added a new accepted.tolerance() method that subsumes the
behavior of accepted.deviation() by supporting Missing and
Extra quantities in addition to Deviation objects.
* Deprecated old methods:
Old Syntax New Syntax
*NO EQUIVALENT* accepted(CustomDifferenceClass)
*NO EQUIVALENT* accepted.count(..., scope='group')
Other methods--accepted.args(), accepted.keys(), etc.--remain
* Changed validation to generate Deviation objects for a broader
definition of quantitative values (like datetime objects)--not
just for subclasses of numbers.Number.
* Changed handling for pandas.Series objects to treat them as
sequences instead of mappings.
* Added handling for DBAPI2 cursor objects to automatically
unwrap single-value rows.
* Removed acceptance classes from datatest namespace--these were
inadvertently added in a previous version but were never part
of the documented API. They can still be referenced via the
from datatest.acceptances import ...
More information about the Python-announce-list