[RELEASE] Python 3.8.0a4 is now available for testing

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Tue May 7 10:58:27 EDT 2019

It's time for the LAST alpha of Python 3.8.0. Go get it here:
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-380a4/ <https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-380a4/>

Python 3.8.0a4 is the fourth and final alpha release of Python 3.8,
the next feature release of Python.  During the alpha phase, Python 3.8
remains under heavy development: additional features will be added
and existing features may be modified or deleted.  Please keep in mind
that this is a preview release and its use is not recommended for
production environments.  The first beta release, 3.8.0b1, is planned
for 2019-05-31.

The release has slipped a week because of me being overwhelmed
with PyCon US this year.  There was also a release blocker and
a breaking change to ElementTree.  Anyway, sorry for the wait!
I moved the planned date of beta1 a few days to make up for it.

If you have a feature you're working on and you'd like to see it in
3.8.0, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT. Please don't wait until May 30th,
get a proper review and land your change as soon as possible.

Q: Can I get my feature in after that date if I ask nicely?
A: Yes, of course. I will release it in Python 3.9.

- Ł