[Python-authors] Author Python Book - Packt Publishing

Sunny Kansara sunnyk at packtpub.com
Fri Dec 18 13:19:56 CET 2009

/Hi Everyone,

I see a lot of questions been raised by authors before taking up a
writing project. We have a crystal clear working style at Packt and we
have made our royalty public as well which means we do not negotiate it
and we do not hesitate to say it on public platforms.

16% royalty is given to authors on the net revenue generated from that
book.

We have a complete team of editors, production and marketing people
which means author get full support from Packt from beginning to end. We
do not ask them to go and come back when the book is ready. The sale of
the books is as important to Packt as it is to the author.

To give you an idea about the way things works at Packt:

- The editorial team at Packt works with the author through out the
project.
- We pay a royalty of 16% and an advance against it.
- The marketing team at Packt ensures that the book is well promoted.
- In its ongoing commitment to OpenSource, Packt donates a percentage of
revenue generated by the book to the OpenSource project on which it is
based. We have donated more than 100 000 dollars to various OpenSource
projects since inception in 2004.

If anybody is interested in writing or has further questions then please
contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss them.

Thanks,
Sunny <sunnyk at packtpub.com>/
--
*Sunny Kansara*
Author Relationship Executive
MSN: sunny_packt at hotmail.com
Interested in becoming an author? Visit http://authors.packtpub.com for
all the information you need about writing for Packt.