[Python-authors] New Python periodical. Interested?

Brian K. Jones bkjones at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:37:27 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Marty Alchin wrote:

> First, thanks for taking the time to answer thoroughly. I realize I
> could've come across as antagonistic, so I'm glad you realized I just
> wanted some more information. I'm just wary about whether a magazine
> can really sustain itself these days, but I'm definitely willing to
> help find out.
>
> I'm at least pleased to hear that you don't have expectations for
> being successful in a traditional, commercial sense because I think an
> attitude like that will help ensure it doesn't fall apart over silly
> things. However, that also makes it more of a labor of love, which has
> its own pitfalls, as any open source developer will freely admit.

Well, maybe that deserves a tad bit of clarification: I *do* expect it to be commercially successful, because I *don't* plan for it to follow most of what we think of as 'traditional' in the context of magazines in general.
> So consider me on board so far, and I'll be interested to see how this
> shapes up and where I can be of help.
Thanks, Marty - I should have the domain set up with a proper mailing list at some point in the next few weeks (hopefully in the next *1* week, but I can't commit to that). I'll shoot emails to everyone so they can explicitly opt-in at that time.

brian