[Python-buildbots] FreeBSD 10 buildbot may need a nudge

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 25 03:52:35 EDT 2017

On 6/25/17 3:54 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> It looks like the FreeBSD buildbots had an outage a little while ago,
> and the FreeBSD 10 one may need a nudge to get back online (the
> FreeBSD Current one looks like it came back automatically).
>
> Already back:
> * http://buildbot.python.org/all/buildslaves/koobs-freebsd-current
>
> Still offline:
> * http://buildbot.python.org/all/buildslaves/koobs-freebsd10
>
> Cheers,
> Nick.
>
> P.S. Thanks for providing these Kubilay! They've been invaluable in
> attempting to get the PEP 538 locale coercion behaving sensibly on
> FreeBSD (and hence hopefully other BSD variants as well).

Vacuum cleaner tripped RCD pulling too much current from the same
circuit as heater was running on. Buildbot worker host on same circuit.

koobs-freebsd10 worker VM auto restart didn't get through filesystem
recovery, which explains its non-return. Should be back in < 10 mins.

@Nick fwiw, buildbot (master) does notify buildbot worker admins if and
when any workers goes away. I received this:

-----------------
The Buildbot working for 'Python'
has noticed that the buildslave named koobs-freebsd10 went away

It last disconnected at Sun Jun 25 05:16:06 2017 (buildmaster-local time)

The admin on record (as reported by BUILDSLAVE:info/admin)
was 'Kubilay Kocak <irc://chat.freenode.net/koobs,isnick>

P.S You're more than welcome, and it benefits us as well. CI hosts
between upstream projects and downstream consumers (particularly OS's)
is one of those rare things that is all upside for everyone involved.

./koobs