[Python-checkins] r80634 - in python/branches/release31-maint: Doc/library/asynchat.rst
python-checkins at python.org
Thu Apr 29 22:47:09 CEST 2010
Date: Thu Apr 29 22:47:09 2010
New Revision: 80634
Merged revisions 80633 via svnmerge from
r80633 | giampaolo.rodola | 2010-04-29 22:45:01 +0200 (gio, 29 apr 2010) | 9 lines
Merged revisions 80631 via svnmerge from
r80631 | giampaolo.rodola | 2010-04-29 22:31:17 +0200 (gio, 29 apr 2010) | 1 line
Fixes issue 8543 (asynchat documentation issues)
python/branches/release31-maint/ (props changed)
--- python/branches/release31-maint/Doc/library/asynchat.rst (original)
+++ python/branches/release31-maint/Doc/library/asynchat.rst Thu Apr 29 22:47:09 2010
@@ -80,12 +80,6 @@
-.. method:: async_chat._collect_incoming_data(data)
- Sample implementation of a data collection rutine to be used in conjunction
- with :meth:`_get_data` in a user-specified :meth:`found_terminator`.
.. method:: async_chat.discard_buffers()
In emergencies this method will discard any data held in the input and/or
@@ -100,49 +94,17 @@
should be available via an instance attribute.
-.. method:: async_chat._get_data()
- Will return and clear the data received with the sample
- :meth:`_collect_incoming_data` implementation.
.. method:: async_chat.get_terminator()
Returns the current terminator for the channel.
-.. method:: async_chat.handle_close()
- Called when the channel is closed. The default method silently closes the
- channel's socket.
-.. method:: async_chat.handle_read()
- Called when a read event fires on the channel's socket in the asynchronous
- loop. The default method checks for the termination condition established
- by :meth:`set_terminator`, which can be either the appearance of a
- particular string in the input stream or the receipt of a particular number
- of characters. When the terminator is found, :meth:`handle_read` calls the
- :meth:`found_terminator` method after calling :meth:`collect_incoming_data`
- with any data preceding the terminating condition.
-.. method:: async_chat.handle_write()
- Called when the application may write data to the channel. The default
- method calls the :meth:`initiate_send` method, which in turn will call
- :meth:`refill_buffer` to collect data from the producer fifo associated
- with the channel.
.. method:: async_chat.push(data)
- Creates a :class:`simple_producer` object (*see below*) containing the data
- and pushes it on to the channel's ``producer_fifo`` to ensure its
- transmission. This is all you need to do to have the channel write the
- data out to the network, although it is possible to use your own producers
- in more complex schemes to implement encryption and chunking, for example.
+ Pushes data on to the channel's fifo to ensure its transmission.
+ This is all you need to do to have the channel write the data out to the
+ network, although it is possible to use your own producers in more complex
+ schemes to implement encryption and chunking, for example.
.. method:: async_chat.push_with_producer(producer)
@@ -153,20 +115,6 @@
method and send the data to the remote endpoint.
-.. method:: async_chat.readable()
- Should return ``True`` for the channel to be included in the set of
- channels tested by the :cfunc:`select` loop for readability.
-.. method:: async_chat.refill_buffer()
- Refills the output buffer by calling the :meth:`more` method of the
- producer at the head of the fifo. If it is exhausted then the producer is
- popped off the fifo and the next producer is activated. If the current
- producer is, or becomes, ``None`` then the channel is closed.
.. method:: async_chat.set_terminator(term)
Sets the terminating condition to be recognized on the channel. ``term``
@@ -191,36 +139,16 @@
by the channel after :meth:`found_terminator` is called.
-.. method:: async_chat.writable()
- Should return ``True`` as long as items remain on the producer fifo, or the
- channel is connected and the channel's output buffer is non-empty.
-asynchat - Auxiliary Classes and Functions
+asynchat - Auxiliary Classes
-.. class:: simple_producer(data, buffer_size=512)
- A :class:`simple_producer` takes a chunk of data and an optional buffer
- size. Repeated calls to its :meth:`more` method yield successive chunks of
- the data no larger than *buffer_size*.
- .. method:: more()
- Produces the next chunk of information from the producer, or returns the
- empty string.
.. class:: fifo(list=None)
- Each channel maintains a :class:`fifo` holding data which has been pushed
- by the application but not yet popped for writing to the channel. A
- :class:`fifo` is a list used to hold data and/or producers until they are
- required. If the *list* argument is provided then it should contain
- producers or data items to be written to the channel.
+ A :class:`fifo` holding data which has been pushed by the application but
+ not yet popped for writing to the channel. A :class:`fifo` is a list used
+ to hold data and/or producers until they are required. If the *list*
+ argument is provided then it should contain producers or data items to be
+ written to the channel.
.. method:: is_empty()
@@ -244,15 +172,6 @@
If the fifo is not empty, returns ``True, first()``, deleting the popped
item. Returns ``False, None`` for an empty fifo.
-The :mod:`asynchat` module also defines one utility function, which may be of
-use in network and textual analysis operations.
-.. function:: find_prefix_at_end(haystack, needle)
- Returns ``True`` if string *haystack* ends with any non-empty prefix of
- string *needle*.
More information about the Python-checkins