[Python-checkins] r86734 - python/branches/py3k/setup.py
python-checkins at python.org
Wed Nov 24 21:30:00 CET 2010
Date: Wed Nov 24 21:30:00 2010
New Revision: 86734
Put /usr/local paths after the relative paths in library_dirs and
include_dirs, so installed non-matching shared libraries don't break extension
module linking. Fixes issue 10520.
--- python/branches/py3k/setup.py (original)
+++ python/branches/py3k/setup.py Wed Nov 24 21:30:00 2010
@@ -27,11 +27,18 @@
_BUILDDIR_COOKIE = "pybuilddir.txt"
def add_dir_to_list(dirlist, dir):
- """Add the directory 'dir' to the list 'dirlist' (at the front) if
+ """Add the directory 'dir' to the list 'dirlist' (after any relative
+ directories) if:
1) 'dir' is not already in 'dirlist'
- 2) 'dir' actually exists, and is a directory."""
- if dir is not None and os.path.isdir(dir) and dir not in dirlist:
- dirlist.insert(0, dir)
+ 2) 'dir' actually exists, and is a directory.
+ if dir is None or not os.path.isdir(dir) or dir in dirlist:
+ for i, path in enumerate(dirlist):
+ if not os.path.isabs(path):
+ dirlist.insert(i + 1, dir)
@@ -362,7 +369,9 @@
- # Ensure that /usr/local is always used
+ # Ensure that /usr/local is always used, but the local build
+ # directories (i.e. '.' and 'Include') must be first. See issue
+ # 10520.
@@ -437,9 +446,10 @@
# This should work on any unixy platform ;-)
# If the user has bothered specifying additional -I and -L flags
# in OPT and LDFLAGS we might as well use them here.
- # NOTE: using shlex.split would technically be more correct, but
- # also gives a bootstrap problem. Let's hope nobody uses directories
- # with whitespace in the name to store libraries.
+ # NOTE: using shlex.split would technically be more correct, but
+ # also gives a bootstrap problem. Let's hope nobody uses
+ # directories with whitespace in the name to store libraries.
cflags, ldflags = sysconfig.get_config_vars(
for item in cflags.split():
More information about the Python-checkins