[Python-checkins] peps: dl-files has a new hostname
python-checkins at python.org
Tue Nov 25 03:09:01 CET 2014
user: Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>
date: Mon Nov 24 20:08:44 2014 -0600
dl-files has a new hostname
pep-0101.txt | 22 +++++++++++-----------
1 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/pep-0101.txt b/pep-0101.txt
@@ -35,7 +35,7 @@
which hopefully will be on the "web of trust" with at least one of
the other release managers.
- * Access to ``dl-files.psf.io``, the server that hosts download files.
+ * Access to ``dl-files.iad1.psf.io``, the server that hosts download files.
You'll be uploading files directly here.
* Shell access to ``hg.python.org``, the Python Mercurial host. You'll
@@ -335,11 +335,11 @@
- Now he runs msi.py with ActivePython or Python with pywin32.
The WE checksums the files (*.msi, *.chm, *-pdb.zip), uploads them to
- dl-files.psf.io together with gpg signature files, and emails you the
+ dl-files.iad1.psf.io together with gpg signature files, and emails you the
location and md5sums.
- ___ The ME builds Mac installer packages and uploads them to dl-files.psf.io
- together with gpg signature files.
+ ___ The ME builds Mac installer packages and uploads them to
+ dl-files.iad1.psf.io together with gpg signature files.
___ Time to build the source tarball. Be sure to update your clone to the
correct branch. E.g.
@@ -367,7 +367,7 @@
tarballs and signatures in a subdirectory called 'X.Y.ZaN/src', and the
built docs in 'X.Y.ZaN/docs' (for final releases).
- ___ scp or rsync all the files to your home directory on dl-files.psf.io.
+ ___ scp or rsync all the files to your home directory on dl-files.iad1.psf.io.
While you're waiting for the files to finish uploading, you can continue
on with the remaining tasks. You can also ask folks on #python-dev
@@ -401,13 +401,13 @@
freshly unpacked directory looks weird, you better stop now and
figure out what the problem is.
- ___ Now you need to go to dl-files.psf.io and move all the files in
- place over there. Our policy is that every Python version gets its own
+ ___ Now you need to go to dl-files.iad1.psf.io and move all the files in place
+ over there. Our policy is that every Python version gets its own
directory, but each directory contains all releases of that version.
- ___ On dl-files.psf.io, cd /srv/www.python.org/ftp/python/X.Y.Z creating
- it if necessary. Make sure it is owned by group 'downloads' and
+ ___ On dl-files.iad1.psf.io, cd /srv/www.python.org/ftp/python/X.Y.Z
+ creating it if necessary. Make sure it is owned by group 'downloads'
+ and group-writable.
___ Move the release .tgz, and .tar.xz files into place, as well as the
.asc GPG signature files. The Win/Mac binaries are usually put there
@@ -498,7 +498,7 @@
production release" paragraph as appropriate
Note, you don't have to copy any release files into this directory;
- they only live on dl-files.psf.io in the ftp directory.
+ they only live on dl-files.iad1.psf.io in the ftp directory.
___ Edit `download/releases/content.ht` to update the version numbers for
this release. There are a bunch of places you need to touch:
Repository URL: https://hg.python.org/peps
More information about the Python-checkins