[Python-checkins] bpo-35032: Remove inaccessible videos from faq/Windows (GH-10004)
Miss Islington (bot)
webhook-mailer at python.org
Sat Oct 20 11:27:06 EDT 2018
author: Stéphane Wirtel <stephane at wirtel.be>
committer: Miss Islington (bot) <31488909+miss-islington at users.noreply.github.com>
bpo-35032: Remove inaccessible videos from faq/Windows (GH-10004)
diff --git a/Doc/faq/windows.rst b/Doc/faq/windows.rst
index 7792cfaa16a1..0cfc9dd0f2d7 100644
@@ -23,18 +23,6 @@ This is not necessarily a straightforward question. If you are already familiar
with running programs from the Windows command line then everything will seem
obvious; otherwise, you might need a little more guidance.
-.. sidebar:: |Python Development on XP|_
- :subtitle: `Python Development on XP`_
- This series of screencasts aims to get you up and running with Python on
- Windows XP. The knowledge is distilled into 1.5 hours and will get you up
- and running with the right Python distribution, coding in your choice of IDE,
- and debugging and writing solid code with unit-tests.
-.. |Python Development on XP| image:: python-video-icon.png
-.. _`Python Development on XP`:
Unless you use some sort of integrated development environment, you will end up
*typing* Windows commands into what is variously referred to as a "DOS window"
or "Command prompt window". Usually you can create such a window from your
@@ -108,18 +96,6 @@ gives you a message like::
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
-.. sidebar:: |Adding Python to DOS Path|_
- :subtitle: `Adding Python to DOS Path`_
- Python is not added to the DOS path by default. This screencast will walk
- you through the steps to add the correct entry to the `System Path`, allowing
- Python to be executed from the command-line by all users.
-.. |Adding Python to DOS Path| image:: python-video-icon.png
-.. _`Adding Python to DOS Path`:
Bad command or filename
More information about the Python-checkins