[Python-checkins] Update What's New in Python 3.8 (GH-14239)
webhook-mailer at python.org
Wed Jun 19 19:45:04 EDT 2019
author: Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com>
committer: GitHub <noreply at github.com>
Update What's New in Python 3.8 (GH-14239)
* Mention issue in which ByByteArray_Init() has been removed.
* Fix typo
diff --git a/Doc/whatsnew/3.8.rst b/Doc/whatsnew/3.8.rst
index e4218cacc2b5..ede1ccbeeedb 100644
@@ -976,7 +976,7 @@ Build and C API Changes
* ``Include/*.h`` should be the portable public stable C API.
* ``Include/cpython/*.h`` should be the unstable C API specific to CPython;
- public API, with some private API prefixed by ``_Py`` or ``_PY``.
+ public API, with some private API prefixed by ``_Py`` or ``_PY``.
* ``Include/internal/*.h`` is the private internal C API very specific to
CPython. This API comes with no backward compatibility warranty and should
not be used outside CPython. It is only exposed for very specific needs
@@ -1001,6 +1001,7 @@ Build and C API Changes
* The :c:func:`PyByteArray_Init` and :c:func:`PyByteArray_Fini` functions have
been removed. They did nothing since Python 2.7.4 and Python 3.2.0, were
excluded from the limited API (stable ABI), and were not documented.
+ (Contributed by Victor Stinner in :issue:`32980`.)
* The result of :c:func:`PyExceptionClass_Name` is now of type
``const char *`` rather of ``char *``.
More information about the Python-checkins