[python-committers] Trunk and 3.0 branch are now open

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Aug 21 20:30:15 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> [Brett]
>>> Since the next step is release candidates, I have two questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Do commits now require a code review?
>
> [Barry]
>> Ideally, all comments are reviewed <wink>, but I think the current
>> arrangement will have to work for the rc's.  I'd say be even more careful
>> about the changes you introduce in behavior or API.
>
> I think it makes sense now to require review by another committer for
> *all* changes until the final release, even trivial fixes of obvious
> bugs, with the exception of doc fixes. This would also allow touching
> up docstrings and comments without review. To enforce this, how about
> the requirement of adding "Reviewed by <username>" to the checkin
> comment?

That's what I was thinking; either real name or username, which ever
you remember at the time. Since we don't have a way to flag an issue
with a patch as needing a committer review, either we just continually
check for release blockers with patches or we email here saying what
issues have a patch ready and just need a second review.

-Brett