[python-committers] I've got a surprise for you!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jan 27 02:21:31 CET 2009

Trent Nelson wrote:
>     Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.  Titus, Bill, Adam,
>     Kelly, George: Snakebite wouldn't be anything more than a twinkle
>     in my eye if it weren't for the support MSU has thrown behind the
>     project, thank you for all your efforts to date.  Hank, Garrett and
>     Sam: having the support of Microsoft from very early on has been a
>     huge boost and the MSDN licenses have already been invaluable.  Bob,
>     well, what can I say, there was a period there where every e-mail
>     thread between us seemed to result in something being shipped from
>     HP to MSU; thanks to you and HP's open source labs.
>
>     And last but not least, thanks to Guido and all the Python committers
>     for their tireless efforts to date.  Although the sheer elegance of
>     the language is what initially attracted me to Python, it was the
>     developer community that made me want to stick around.
>
>     Snakebite is my gift to you!

Trent:

May I second all those thanks on behalf of the whole Python community.
It's heart-warming to see support like this from so many directions.

A fantastic culmination to almost a year of hard work. Glad we don't
have to keep it secret any more!

Thanks very much. I can't wait to start logging in ...

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
Chairman, Python Software Foundation   www.python.org