[python-committers] Misc/NEWS entries added to released versions

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Sep 13 22:26:21 CEST 2009

Le dimanche 13 septembre 2009 à 13:15 -0700, Brett Cannon a écrit :

> Or simply take the first line of each commit? I mean why do we enter
> it twice? If we have a commit that is unimportant we could come up
> with some convention to make it as such or simply have the comment
> start with a blank line.

The NEWS file is often more carefully, or differently, worded than
commit messages are.
Trying to generate it automatically would probably involve some a
posteriori maintenance, and I doubt it's really worth it (at worse, you
save a copy / paste in the cases where the commit message is perfectly
adequate as a NEWS entry).