[python-committers] Proposing Tim Golden as a Committer

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 19 20:51:32 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I would like to propose Tim Golden as a Python committer. He has been
involved in Python for many years, is a capable Windows guy, and has
submitted many patches / documentation fixes - particularly for Windows
issues.

He may need a mentor, but here are many issues that he has contributed
patches for:

     * Tests for test.support.unlink on windows)
http://bugs.python.org/issue7443 (open)
     * mmap patch here: http://bugs.python.org/issue2733 (open)
     * subprocess patch here: http://bugs.python.org/issue2304 (open)
     * bdb documentation http://bugs.python.org/issue1136 (committed)
     * print media stylesheet for Sphinx docs
http://bugs.python.org/issue1555 (committed)
     * distutil.test_util issue http://bugs.python.org/issue5472 (committed)
     * multiprocessing build fix http://bugs.python.org/issue3050
(committed)
     * Windows msi missing file http://bugs.python.org/issue5470 (committed)
     * msi.py copies non-existent files http://bugs.python.org/issue5721
(committed)
     * with lock fails on multiprocessing
http://bugs.python.org/issue5261 (committed)
     * _winreg remaining in test_winsound
http://bugs.python.org/issue8385 (committed)

I skipped a bunch of further committed docs patches. I've known Tim for
a while (although not well) and consider him an easy to get on with and
straightforward guy. Having contributed patches for so long I'm sure he
knows our processes well.

At the very least we should grant Tim tracker privileges as he
frequently responds to issues.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--