[python-committers] New comitter proposal: Terry Reedy

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sun Jul 18 07:03:56 CEST 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:09:43 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose Terry Reedy as a new comitter.
>
> He has been contributing to Python via the tracker, c.l.p, python-dev
> and python-ideas for years and has recently requested commit
> privileges in order to work on IDLE. I think we should give them to
> him :)
>
> Terry's been around long enough that I don't think he'll need much (if
> any) mentoring, but I'm certainly willing to provide any that is
> needed.

+1

I'm guessing he'll have some questions about the commit process (everyone
does) and perhaps the development environment/tools.  I'm sure the
#python-dev regulars would be glad to help out with those questions
as well, if he visits there.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com