[python-committers] Eric Araujo (merwok) as Distutils commiter

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Jul 27 11:54:27 CEST 2010

Le mardi 27 juillet 2010 à 01:50 +0200, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I don't want to maintain Distutils anymore for various reasons.  I
> will focus for now on on Distutils2, shutil and sysconfig.
>
> I would like to propose Eric (merwok on IRC) as a commiter to work on
> Distutils. He has done a great work in triaging
> the bugs and also has now a pretty good knowledge of the Distutils
> code. He's a GSOC student for distutils2 and
> has done a great coding work in there. I am pretty sure he would love
> to do this as I did.

Have any significant code patches by Éric been committed to Python core?
I may be mistaken in my evaluation, but I'm not sure giving away
distutils maintenance to an almost complete beginner is a good idea
(since you are basically suggesting that he *replace* you in distutils
maintenance).

Regards

Antoine.