[python-committers] Delaying 3.2 release

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 05:32:27 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:28 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> The ones I want to get done are PEPs 382 and 384.

Just to have the direct information on these PEPs inline.

PEP 382 - Namespace Packages
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0382/
PEP  383 - Definition of Stable ABI
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0384/

> Something I know others want to achieve is the switch to Mercurial. A
> number of PEPs are targetted for 3.2 with unclear status: 3143, 3144,
> 3145, 3148.

PEP 3143 - Standard Deamon Process Library
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3143/

PEP 3144 - IP Address Manipulation Library
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3144/

PEP 3145 - Asynchronous I/O for Subprocess.Popen
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3145/

PEP 3148 - futures package
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3148/

Except for the 'futures' package which featured discussion again
recently, others have been in a sleeping mode for a while.
There is a codeline ( I assume, it is stable) for the above mentioned
additions to stdlib maintained outside the svn tree.

--
Senthil