[python-committers] Delaying 3.2 release

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jun 29 15:12:40 CEST 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 11:58 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>The ones I want to get done are PEPs 382 and 384.

I'd like to help with these.  I remember we had a long thread a few weeks back
about PEP 382 (namespace packages) and there are some tricky issues to work
out.  I need to go back and re-read that thread.  Maybe Jason and Eric want to
set up another local sprint to attack it again.

>Something I know others want to achieve is the switch to Mercurial. A
>number of PEPs are targetted for 3.2 with unclear status: 3143, 3144,
>3145, 3148.

I really think we need to make the switch to Mercurial as soon as 2.7 final is
out.  It's been long enough.

-Barry