[python-committers] Delaying 3.2 release

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed Jun 30 10:02:11 CEST 2010

Le lundi 28 juin 2010 14:21:48, vous avez écrit :
> > For the 3.2 final, I would like to mark this issue has a blocker:
> >
> >    http://bugs.python.org/issue8611
>
> I went ahead and marked it as such - the RM reviews the open release
> blockers anyway before deciding whether or not to make a release, and
> will either demote them permanently (i.e disagree with the assessment
> of their importance), defer them (more common for alpha releases than
> later ones) or delay the release.

Ok to mark it as a blocker, but it should only be a blocker for the 3.2 final,
not the alpha releases.

My initial patch is really huge: I cannot review it myself :-) I'm rewriting
it from scratch to implement the "right" solution. Eg. My next patch will be
on import to use the PyUnicodeObject* type instead of char*. I will open an
issue for each patch.

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/