[python-committers] Frozen branches in Hg

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sun Mar 14 01:03:00 CET 2010

Am 14.03.2010 00:53, schrieb "Martin v. Löwis":
>> Thinking of that a bit more: after the Hg transition, shouldn't we be able to
>> really freeze a branch that is in pre-release approval-needed mode?  It is
>> trivial for anyone to commit a fix to their own branch, and then instead of
>> pushing they'd have to notify the release manager to pull from them, as the
>> only person who can push to the frozen branch.
>
> FWIW, it would be possible to freeze a branch also in subversion, today.

Yes, but I'm sure we don't want to bother setting that up so close to the
switch :)

> As for pulling from committer branches: that would require that
> committers host their branches somewhere.

Yes.  But that's no big deal, isn't it?  They can use a public hg hoster
like bitbucket, or we can have a facility on hg.python.org -- it doesn't
really matter where, it is always very easy to publish a hg branch.

Georg