[python-committers] svnmerge init on py3k branch fails..

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Tue Mar 23 12:24:59 CET 2010

Le mardi 23 mars 2010 12:00:15, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Victor Stinner
> <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:
> > Why are you using svn init? It was already done in all branches.
> I had this understanding that, while using svnmerge.py you might to do
> one-time operation on svnmerge.py init on local repo and then do the
> svnmerge.py merge -r xxx
> http://www.python.org/dev/faq/#how-do-i-prepare-a-new-branch-for-merging

"You need to initialize a *new branch* ...": release26-maint and release31-
maint are not new branches ;-)

> Now that i have done it release26-maint and release31-maint, does it
> create any  problem?

svnmerge.py uses two 2 properties (svnmerge-blocked and svnmerge-integrated)
on the directory.

Let's try on a fresh release26-maint checkout:
$ svn pl .
Propriétés sur '.'

$ svn pg svnmerge-integrated .

$ svn pg svnmerge-blocked .

It's look like the repository is ok. If you loose and cleared these properties
in your local checkout, use "svn revert ." to restore the properties.

Victor Stinner