[python-committers] History lost in svn to hg conversion

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:46:01 CEST 2011

I am not sure where to report such issues, so I'll post it here.
Please advise if another list is more appropriate.

When I committed Lib/datetime.py to svn, I made sure that it was done
in a way that preserved the history of that file going back to 2002.
However, hg log of this file starts with my commit about a year ago.
Is it possible to re-add the old history?  The history of datetime.py
is very helpful for understanding various design decisions implemented
in that module.  This history is discussed in various issues on the
tracker (see for example, issue2267) and these discussions now have
broken links.