[python-committers] [PSF-Members] Code Simplicity » Open Source Community, Simplified

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 5 02:32:02 CET 2011

Am 04.02.2011 19:41, schrieb Jesus Cea:
> On 04/02/11 17:31, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> How do you "block"?
>
> What patches in "3.2" you don't want in "3.3"?.

It happens in more cases than you think.

I sometimes develop two versions of a patch, one for the maintenance
branch which preserves backwards compatibility, and another version
that fixes it in the right way. I think I regularly contributes
two or three such changes to every feature release of Python.
I think a few other committers have also written such changes over
time.

Regards,
Martin