[python-committers] Mercurial

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Feb 7 18:29:47 CET 2011

Le lundi 07 février 2011 à 09:25 -0800, Daniel Stutzbach a écrit :
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM, "Martin v. Löwis"
> <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>         - Make local clones, one per branch, and then push across
>         them.
>

> Like Victor, I have been using git to talk to the Python SVN servers
> for some time now.  I have been using the strategy Martin proposes
> here with great success.
>

> I seem to recall reading that hg makes cheap clones by using hard
> links for files that are the same in both clones (i.e., the common
> revision history before they branched).

It does. And since CPython is fast to compile, it is quite a reasonable
method.
Anyone wanting to know more about hg should try to read (at least part
of) http://hgbook.red-bean.com/ .

Also, I've finished converting (after Nick started it) the developer's
FAQ to display instructions for hg. Reviewing it is welcome; I put a
build here:
http://potrou.net/hgdevguide/faq.html

Regards

Antoine.