[python-committers] New repositories

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Mar 5 15:30:21 CET 2011

On 05.03.2011 15:20, Georg Brandl wrote:
> On 05.03.2011 15:18, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Creation of the final hg repositories on hg.python.org is under way, so
>> please no test commits anymore.
>
> And since testing things out if you're new to Mercurial is still a
> good idea, we'll create another clone in "sandbox/cpython" as the
> default testing grounds.

To clarify the reason for this: of course everybody can also create
their own clone cpython using the "server-side clone" feature at
http://hg.python.org/cpython/.  However, this repo has the same
consistency-checking hooks enabled as the /cpython repository, whereas
custom clones start out with no hooks.

Georg