[python-committers] [PSF-Members] [Fwd: Re: Push rights for Ross Lagerwall]

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:25:38 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Fortunately this *can be discussed at the members' meeting. Since I don't always follow python-dev I wasn't aware this was blocking commits - the process is pretty straightforward as it is. Guido established the Foundation to do what it's doing, but we would love to do it more efficiently. But anyone with access to a fax machine or a scanner can submit a contributor agreement very simply.
>
> However, specific ideas about how to action this request are also welcome. We certainly don't want to hold up development. Unfortunately we want encumbered code even less.
>
> regards
>  Steve

I've brought this up at board meetings in the past. Specific ideas
even, and I have not received a very warm welcome. The quickest path?
Don't roll our own, and use something like what RackSpace (a multi
million dollar company and a large army of lawyers) uses for
OpenStack:

https://rackspace.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=ABCZR72YX57B

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. We should *not* implement our own.
There is also:

http://code.google.com/legal/individual-cla-v1.0.html

So, this is definite fodder for the members meeting this week. I
believe we have an actionable path.

Jesse