[python-committers] [PSF-Members] [Fwd: Re: Push rights for Ross Lagerwall]

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Mar 10 17:54:43 CET 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

>>> Martin, why don't you implement your solution yourself, if you think the
>>> process is not a problem? That would be a good way of putting money
>>> where your mouth is.
>>>
>>> I'm obviously not going to do that work for you. I'm not paid by the PSF
>>> to solve paperwork.
>>
>> Just for the record: neither am I. However, sending an email to Ross
>> wasn't that difficult.
>
> Right, sending a mail isn't difficult. Do you volunteer to do the
> necessary work (sending emails, following up on them, etc.) each and
> every time the need for requesting and checking contributor agreements
> arises?
>
> Thank you

Antoine:

Your point will be more effectively made without this continual sniping at anyone who responds to you. That wasn't intended as a serious question, was it? UYou know Martin won't have time to do that.

As a matter of fact, though, the PSF has an administrator who is perfectly capable of doing just this if it's the best process we have, she just hasn't been involved in processing new developers in the past. So Pat should probably get involved in defining what the process is.

Let's work towards a solution, please.

regards
 Steve