[python-committers] 2.7.2 and 3.1.4 rc now

Matthias Klose doko at debian.org
Tue May 31 11:21:56 CEST 2011

On 05/31/2011 07:19 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
 > Really??? I have some changes that I need to commit to 2.7 that do need
 > to go into 2.7.2. So how are you going to manage these?
 >
 > I rather recommend that the 2.7 branch is frozen until the final
 > release, and any changes are only merged afterwards.
 >
 > This is a mess.

two more questions:

  - How do I follow the "what will become the release" branch?
    In the past, you could just do an svn update on the branch
    at any time, but now this is different for development and
    freeze mode.

  - What do the buildd's test in freeze mode?  It would be bad
    to only test the branch, which doesn't see any changes.

Thanks, Matthias