[python-committers] Contrib forms

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Apr 26 15:38:36 CEST 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:14:58 +0200, martin at v.loewis.de wrote:

> Zitat von Philip Jenvey <pjenvey at underboss.org>:
>
> > On Apr 22, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> >>
> >> You may wonder what changed between before and now: we (the PSF) now
> >> have a good management of the forms, thanks to them being listed in
> >> Roundup,
> >
> > Where exactly is this listing?
>
> It the asterisk ('*') shown next to the user's name, with the
> title text "Contributor form received".

I've been acting similar to Martin, for the same reason.  It is now
*really* easy to be considering a patch, see that the contributor you
are having the discussion with doesn't have a * next to their name, and
request that they submit a contributor agreement if they haven't already.

Pat updates the tracker promptly, and forms can be sent electronically
(jpg image of signed form, pdf scan, etc), so the turnaround is now
very quick, and you can pretty much(*) rely on the tracker status.
That being the case I suppose it is now time for me to move to the next
step and not apply (non-trivial) patches until the * appears.

--David

It is probably still the case that there are some long time contributors
who do not have a * because their form submission predated Pat's
management of the tracker status.  For these we can either try to have
Pat confirm the status against the paper files or, what is probably
simpler, just have them send in a new form (which is less of a burden
now that it can be done by email).