[python-committers] Anatoly Techtonik's contribution

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Dec 28 23:45:15 CET 2012

Le vendredi 28 décembre 2012 à 22:15 +0000, John Benediktsson a écrit :
> Be sure of who you are acting against, the person more than the
> emails.  There is strong incidence of mental illness in the tech
> community and there are also persons with significantly different
> email personalities than actual personality.
>
> I see Anatoly as someone who isn't a mean person but might not be a
> proper communicator.

The question is not whether Anatoly is mean or ill-motivated, or what
his "actual" personality is, but whether his online behaviour should be
perpetually accepted. Anatoly has often been disruptive, taking up
precious contributor time for petty controversies.

Perhaps ideally there's a way to make Anatoly aware of his communication
problems and help him change for the better, but so far nobody's been
able to achieve that.

Regards

Antoine.