[python-committers] Policy for committing to 2.7

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:02:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

I may be missing something, but do we have a policy of what we're supposed
to commit to the 2.7 branch at this point? I was under the impression that
it's only bug fixes, documentation, and maybe tests. But it seems that
there are developers who see it otherwise.

For example, Raymond's changeset 5accb0ac8bfb (which was reverted by
Benjamin today). Alas, Raymond did not explain the change even when
challenged by multiple other core devs. Changeset f1dc30a1be72, which he
committed today, also doesn't appear to belong in a bugfix branch.

It would be great if we could document this somewhere - the 2.7 branch is
not a usual bugfix-mode branch, I realize, and hence maybe there's some
special treatment it deserves.

Thanks in advance,
Eli