[python-committers] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Feb 11 12:42:55 CET 2014

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 01:01:38 -0800, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> On 02/10/2014 11:43 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:
> >
> > On behalf of the Python development team, I'm delighted to announce
> > the first release candidate of Python 3.4.
>
> Yay!!
>
> Question:  Now that we are in the RC phases, only critical bug fixes are allowed?

Only critical fixes go into the next RC, yes (I don't know when Larry
is going to branch 3.4).  Further, every such patch must be reviewed by
at least two committers[*] (which may include the submitter), and signed
off on by the release manager.

Of course, what counts as "critical" sometimes gets debated :)

--David

[*] this is what the "commit review" stage is really for.