[python-committers] Adding a (small) feature to 3.4 for Argument Clinic: inspect.Signature supporting simple named constants for default values

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jan 6 23:21:14 CET 2014

FWIW, this would probably be better on python-dev, but maybe you wanted to cut
down on potential noise and churn?

On Jan 06, 2014, at 01:34 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:

>The thing is, I feel like this is borderline between bug fix and new feature.
>But without adding this, we would make a lot of the Argument Clinic
>conversions pretty messy.  So I want to check it in.  I just don't want to
>piss everybody off in the process.
>
>Can you guys live with this?

I sure can.  To me, AC is "the new feature" and as we continue to adopt it in
Python 3.4, we'll find more corner cases like this one.  Better to do what we
can to improve the situation now rather than have to wait until 3.5.

-Barry