[python-committers] Commit right for Vajrasky Kok?

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:23:59 CET 2014

четвер, 09-січ-2014 09:51:22 Victor Stinner написано:
> I noticed that Vajrasky Kok is very active on bugs.python.org. He
> produced many patches and contribued to various modules written in
> Python and C.
>
> Search "Vajrasky Kok" in the Mercurial history to see how many
> contributions he made recently.
> On http://bugs.python.org his nickname is "vajrasky".
>
> He knows the process of review and update his patch when he got remarks.
>
> If you consider that he needs a mentor, I can be his mentor.

Vajrasky Kok is good candidate. He is very active and interested in Python
maintaining, he is respondable. he makes review of others code. But his code
still not mature. He is often doesn't noticed many details in first versions of
his patches. He just lacks experience. I believe that a year late he will be
more experienced.

Perhaps a mentor would help, but every Vajrasky patch, even simplest, should
be reviewed. And in this case there are no many benefits from commit right
(except moral encouragement).

Sorry, I'm -0.1 for right now.