[python-committers] Updated schedule for Python 3.4

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 18:19:30 CET 2014

четвер, 16-січ-2014 15:03:28 Georg Brandl написано:
> Am 16.01.2014 14:47, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
> > The question is less for us than for occasional contributors who see
> > their patches or feature requests languish on the tracker, and lose
> > interest.
>
> To be honest, most patches and feature requests languish much longer than
> the beta period, because of lack of manpower and/or interest of a core
> developer.
>
> And when a core developer gets interested during the beta period, all they
> need to do is post "Nice patch/idea, let's discuss and commit it after
> feature freeze".  If the contributor is put off by that, well.

There are several ready or almost ready patches which did not have time to
jump on the train. E.g. C implementation of lru_cache or Kristján's nice
enchancement for HTTPResponse (this is only my fault, I just forgot about this
patch).

And some my patches wait for review longer than year.