[python-committers] Brian Kearns for commit

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Tue Mar 11 00:09:19 CET 2014

On lun., 2014-03-10 at 16:02 -0700, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'd like to propose Brian Kearns for commit. He's been a committer on
> PyPy for about a year and a half now, and in particular he's done a
> bunch of "Python version" works: things like upgrading us from the
> 2.7.3 stdlib to the 2.7.6 stdlib, and py3k work. He's interested in
> having commit for the purposes of doing interop work on the stdlib
> tests: things like making sure tests aren't reliant on refcounting,
> correctly marking tests as impl details, etc.

I'd really prefer someone to have experience in contributing to CPython
before they get commit rights. I might mistaken, but I can't find any
contribution bearing Brain's name.

Furthermore, giving arbitrary commit rights to core devs of third-party
projects (such as PyPy and Twisted) doesn't seem to have produced any
significant CPython contributions from them, IIRC.

Regards

Antoine.