[python-committers] Brian Kearns for commit

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Mar 11 00:10:04 CET 2014

I have nothing against Brian personally, but I have a process question: Has
he previously gotten patches accepted to the stdlib, or is this a
preemptive request? I think the usual route is to grant commit access after
the stream of patches from a contributor has taken the form of a steady
stream (or at least trickle)
of high-quality patches, and the core committers are tired of committing on
that person's behalf and confident that the contributor will seek review
when appropriate.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose Brian Kearns for commit. He's been a committer on PyPy
> for about a year and a half now, and in particular he's done a bunch of
> "Python version" works: things like upgrading us from the 2.7.3 stdlib to
> the 2.7.6 stdlib, and py3k work. He's interested in having commit for the
> purposes of doing interop work on the stdlib tests: things like making sure
> tests aren't reliant on refcounting, correctly marking tests as impl
> details, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> --
> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
> to say it." -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (summarizing Voltaire)
> "The people's good is the highest law." -- Cicero
> GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)