[python-committers] We will be moving to GitHub (hopefully) in2016

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Tue Jan 5 01:36:24 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure, which is why I'm asking what difference it would make if we
> separated out Python 2 branches into their own clone from Python 3 branches.

Irrespective of the size difference, separating Python2 repo from Python3
repo might be a good idea. It will help in reviewing patches and
concentrating on Python 3 more.
As a side effect, since GitHub is used by many developers, if we get many
pull requests (or patches) against python 2 only, we will know about this
from community participation.

--
Senthil